The Journey Begins

I got a lot of cool stuff for Christmas 2007, including one unexpected gift from Dad. It's a set of DVDs called 50 Movie Pack: Drive-In Movie Classics, and as the title suggests, it contains 50 movies one might expect to see at a drive-in theater in days of old -- "classic" b-movies from decades past, such as Day of the Panther, TNT Jackson, and of course that favorite I Wonder Who’s Killing Her Now?

As unusual as this is, it’s not without precedent. Last Christmas, Dad gave me another 50 Movie Pack, this one containing 50 Horror Classics on 12 discs (which sounds like something from the “greatest hits” game on Whose Line Is It Anyway? – “Order now and we’ll send you 73 lumberjack songs on 58 CDs!”). But the truth is, I never got around to watching the horror movies. If I don’t finish them, I’ll never get around to watching the drive-in movies, and what kind of display of gratitude would that be for my father’s thoughtful gift?

So I’m going to watch all 50 horror movies, and I’ve started a brand-new blog to write about them, in the hopes that writing will motive me to keep watching. I already have four journals scattered around the internet, but this one will be devoted to a single cause. And maybe if I really get into it, I’ll actually update once a week! That would be awesome! When I’ve finished with the horror movies, I’ll start writing about the drive-in movies. I can’t wait for Don’t Look in the Basement.

Anyway, here we go. What’s the first movie? Why, it’s Carnival of Souls! Click here to read about it.

Comments

Jason said…
Great idea for a journal! I'm looking forward to reading about some of these movies. Plus, it's not only an impetus to you to watch these movies, but (considering I received the same 50-packs from the same Dad), now I'll know which movies out of the 100 I really need to watch.
-Jason
Ryan Roe said…
Thanks for reading! I'm happy to be of service... It actually looks like several of these movies don't have much written about them online, so my reviews are destined to become invaluable to people all over the world, assuming people from all over the world need information about "Monster from a Prehistoric World."

And the same company makes 50-movie packs of "Chiller" movies and mystery movies and sci-fi movies, so if the Christmas presents keep coming I could go on for years!

Popular posts from this blog

50 Horror Classics: The Wrap-up

BONUS: Puss in Boots (1988) starring Christopher Walken

Horror Classic 27 of 50: BLUEBEARD